The Hertfordshire Dementia Strategy 2015 - 2019
The Hertfordshire Dementia Strategy 2015 - 2019 has been agreed by Hertfordshire County Council, East and North Hertfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group, Herts Valleys Clinical Commissioning Group and the Hertfordshire Health and Wellbeing Board.
The Strategy explains our joint approach to ensuring that people with dementia and their carers are able to live well in Hertfordshire. The Strategy will last for five years and will have a delegated action plan, which will be reviewed quarterly by the Dementia Planning and Performance Group. The Strategy covers 6 theme areas:
1. Enabling equal, timely access to diagnosis and support.
2. Promoting health and wellbeing.
3. Developing dementia friendly communities.
4. Supporting carers of people with dementia
5. Preventing and responding to crisis.
6. Evidence based commissioning.