From 30 June 2022, this website will not be updated
From 1 July 2022, Clinical Commissioning Groups will be cease to exist. Commissioning functions and information that has been previously held by East and North Hertfordshire CCG is transferring to the new NHS Hertfordshire and West Essex Integrated Care Board (HWEICB) on 1 July 2022.
HWEICB will become the new data controller. Any questions about the use of data (including patient data) by the new ICB should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
There are no changes to how local residents access NHS frontline services in Hertfordshire and West Essex as part of these changes.
NHS111 is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Calls are free from landlines and mobile phones.
Call NHS111 if
- You need medical help fast but it’s not an emergency
- You don’t have a GP
- You need to access a GP but your surgery is closed
- You don’t know who to call
- You need health information or reassurance about what to do next
When you call NHS111, a team of fully trained healthcare advisors supported by clinical advisors is here to help you.
They will ask you questions to assess you and can also give you fast and easy access to a range of clinical staff if required, including GPs, nurses and prescribing pharmacists.
NHS111 can then direct you further to the local service which can help you best. This could be an Out of Hours doctor, a late-opening pharmacy or an urgent care centre.
Benefits of calling NHS111 when your GP is closed
- Get advice from a wide range of healthcare professionals including GPs, nurses, pharmacists, dentists and mental health staff
- No time spent waiting at A&E if your condition could be better treated elsewhere
- Your GP will receive a report of the service we provided for their records if you are happy for us to do so, making sure they are aware of any special help you might need
- Different healthcare services and providers are now connected, making it easier for you to get the help you need
- If you have complex needs, you could be given quicker access to the help you require
- You will be cared for in the right place for your health needs, ensuring you receive the right care for your condition
NHS111 also offers a video relay service that allows you to make a BSL (sign language) call at interpreternow.co.uk/nhs111