Young People's CCG Executive
We have developed a young people's executive to work with us and our service providers throughout the year.
The Executive has been developed following a successful Takeover Challenge held in November 2018, with young carers. Partially funded from a Takeover Challenge project grant from NHS England, our young people's executive will come together four times over the course of the year to work on the project proposals and ideas that were developed as part of the original Takeover Challenge day. These were:
- Develop an awareness and education campaign targeted to help health professionals and other sectors have a better understanding of what a young carer is and what they do.
- Improve the young carers app, originally developed by NHS East and North Herts Trust, to work as a form of identity for young carers and enable them to access discounts.
- Improve support and facilities for young carers within health settings.
The original takeover challenge day, has led to a change to our core contracting with service providers, which requires them to now better identify and support young carers as part of the work we do. You can read more about the original young carers takeover challenge by clicking here.
The project is also being supported by local charity, Carers in Herts, and we have now agreed a schedule of activities alongside three of our service providers:
- 17th April 2019: NHS Herts Community Trust
- Summer Holiday: NHS East and North Herts Trust
- October Half-term: Herts Partnership Foundation Trust
- November Takeover Challenge Day: NHS East and North Hertfordshire CCG
Keep visiting this page for updates on our young people's executive, or follow our social media channels - you can find out more about those by clicking here.
Each year we will invite a different group of young people to continue the work of the young people's executive but to focussing on a different set of priorities.
If you have a group of young people that might be interested in contributing to our young people's executive or have any further enquiries then please get in touch with us by calling: 01707 685 397 or emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org